Todays post is late because I’ve been chillaxing and enjoying 27 C summer weather.
First I did my regular work out in the morning (I got no gym but I got creative instead….will tell later). After that, we left to a summer house and spent the whole day there. Imagine…….barefoot in grass, yum salads, berries,sunshine and my laughing kids in playing in water. That’s my day…pretty much.
I can tell ya, there is no better recipe for happiness than this combo. It’s summer vacation time and the time just seems to flow at much slower paste.
I still keep up with some of my regular routines like exercise, meditation, yoga because these just make me feel sooo good.
I created a reminder for myself which is a no brainer, but this list has become an essential part of my day.
1. Meditate (nothing….absolutely nothing can replace meditation for me). I just do 5-10 min normally in the morning. I’ve had difficult time finding time for it during the day, so now I just do it right after I brush my teeth. I view it as time when I tune in and get in touch with what’s important
2. Eat well. I don’t do diets….like ever. Never had backbone to stick with any of them. I just like to eat well= healthy , but yummy food.
3. Sleep more. I take naps. Seriously, I’m not kidding. There are few things better than Sunday afternoon nap.
4. Exercise (at least 10 min). You knew this one was coming. I’m by no means exercise freak…. :D but I’ve come to appreciate my sweaty work outs. Whether it’s running, yoga, swimming or good old abs+lifting weight+some cardio. I normally do like 30 min but to be honest I don’t even look at time anymore. It’s just another ME time that I absolutely l-o-v-e.
5. Practice gratitude. Any time I’m in semi-bad mood, I try to remember gratitude and count the people & things I’m crazy about. It works every time.
6. Help others (as often as you can). This point is on my list, but to be honest, I wish I could be able to do more. I hold doors for others, smile when I can see someone needs it and I do help out mothers with kids…you know everyday stuff. But I guess it’s small gestures that really matter too.
7. Go outside and spend time in nature
8. Spend time with family and friends. I think this one is BIG one….this is what counts…that we spend time with those we love.
9. Plan a trip. This one makes my soul so happy…..I mean who doesn’t like travelling, right?!
Tell me :D ………………….
What’s you favorite daily routine?
Best summer vacation you ever had?
Next country you want to visit?